YES, you need SPF 30 or higher.
The 30 blocks out about 97 percent of sun rays- where as SPF 15 only blocks out 93 percent of the rays.
Sunscreen is not waterproof or sweat proof. They tend to be water resistant, allowing anywhere between 40-80 minutes of protection.
What is the difference between UVA & UVB?
UVA rays tend to age the skin, where UVB typically cause sunburns.
A sunscreen can only be called “broad spectrum” if it protects against both types of rays.
So, now that we have some interesting- not your everyday facts, let’s discuss some of our favorite products?!
• SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV defense SPF 30 - $40
• CeraVe AM Face Moisturizer W/ Sunscreen SPF 30 - $16
• Drunk Elephant Sheer Daily Defense Sunscreen - $30
• Lira Clinical Solar Shield SPF 30 - $40
• Glossier Invisible Shield SPF 35 - $25
Remember, sunscreen is a year round necessity & just because we can’t always see the damage- doesn’t mean it’s not happening!